Go Back   FormKaos: Board > The Office > The Boardroom > FNK Archive > Apex Project 2006
FAQ Community Arcade Today's Posts Search

Apex Project 2006 For all your Apex questions, tickets, stage info and more!

LinkBack Topic Tools Rate Topic
Old Aug 06, 06
youtube.com/pennywise247

Pennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nicePennywise is just really nice
The Best Sets Of Apex 06'

sets of the night

amanda rude
wyatt
ollie ple
scotty "mother fucking" oh!
miss marz
cinto
SIR KUTZ!
bevy and global in the mornung @ SB stage!
SOMA!
akeel vs mateo

this is just from what i saw.
List some of the sets that you thought were good.

Last edited by Pennywise; Aug 06, 06 at 07:00 PM.
Old Aug 06, 06
Ever666

Clayton. has a spectacular aura aboutClayton. has a spectacular aura aboutClayton. has a spectacular aura about
Charlie's all disco house set on the Calgary stage and dj shitshow and the hair bandits stand out for me the most. Also i would like to mention Ollie and Rhia, thay both played wicked sets that i enjoyed alot.

I heard alot of good music all the dj'd played well these ones just stand out for me.
Old Aug 06, 06
Street Dreamer

Rizpect is an unknown quantity at this point
Dub C was fuckin insane.

Favorite tho was DJ Application.
Old Aug 06, 06
ghetto gold

Tea has a spectacular aura aboutTea has a spectacular aura about
I was down with Ollie ple.

Next year, if you still remember me, you can be my musical stage guru.
I got situated and missed out on the mix.
Still had a great time though.
Old Aug 06, 06
I <3 House

Ree Fresh is an unknown quantity at this point
Male Model Machine
TIMELINE!!!
Ollie Ple "this is miami"

OMG... I love you guys so much!!!

Oh and loved the more funky chillin tunes in the morning by Nigel and Nima mmmmm.

Yeah did'nt leave my stage much... otherwise Johny ill vs Ryan ross and Rhiannon were the only other DJ's I heard playin kick ass tunes.
Old Aug 07, 06
messable decible

klockwize is an unknown quantity at this point
that klockwize guy played 2 banging sets :P
Old Aug 07, 06
karma killer

cubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to allcubed is a name known to all
male model machine.

end it right there.
Old Aug 07, 06
like a kick in your side

sidekick will become famous soon enough
male model machine
ryan ross vs. johnny ill
ollie ple
sir kutz
Old Aug 07, 06
I'm on the trail!

wishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of lightwishbone is a glorious beacon of light
whoever was on slow DJs from 5-6
Old Aug 07, 06

Ollie Plé is an unknown quantity at this point
What a night! I'm wondering what the final count was? 6000 people?

Couldn't have been a better crowd!

Sets of the night :

Timeline - ReeFresh
RudeOne - Vision 1
Maggie - Vision 1
Rhia - ReeFresh
Sean Gregory - Euphoric Ent.
Colin J - SwiftBeats
Old Aug 07, 06
alla

cinto's set was rocking!!! i wish i could dance on that floor at swiftbeats stage, but it was super hard to dance on that floor, and smokey there...assuming cause of the tarps

soma's set was perfect for the rising sun... i heard sir kutz, he was good as always, and akeel
Old Aug 07, 06
Registered

Play-it-hard is on a distinguished road
agreed with pat, and I liked titus1's set as well as ritchy spoonz around 6 at the mneomic stage.
Old Aug 07, 06

project.one has a spectacular aura aboutproject.one has a spectacular aura aboutproject.one has a spectacular aura about
Amanda Rude, MissMarz, Greg.C., SmokeOne, C2, all played wicked sets!
Old Aug 07, 06
sup?

tiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to alltiedye is a name known to all
props to carlos.. best set I heard all night. Fucking dirty, I tell yah! I heard some cool neurofunk that I actually really loved later in the night, surprisingly. And whoever dropped that electro-breaks set down at the silverwaters stage shocked the hell out of me, because I liked it. Must have hit me at just the right time.

But whoever was playing Beatles and Pink Floyd at sunrise made my night. Nothing like sitting crosslegged on the grass watching everyone in full-out sketch mode listening to Time! Soo serene.
Old Aug 07, 06
Street Dreamer

Rizpect is an unknown quantity at this point
^lol sketch mode, word. Saw a few lookin way to fucked to be out in the daylight. An yeah Carlos was fuckin dope.
Old Aug 07, 06
RAVE HARD E TARDS

Alex is on a distinguished road
^^^ I was walking past the entrance to swiftbeats and thought i heard the beatles. sat and listened to the classic rock until that guy started playing rap or somethign shitty and went back to vision1 for the last 10minutes.

my fav. set of the night was detn8r's. My fav. moment of the night is when missmarz dropped Ferry corsten-watch out. that song makes me orgasm. lol
Old Aug 07, 06
thread killer

C_squared is a jewel in the roughC_squared is a jewel in the roughC_squared is a jewel in the rough
^^ Chad & Matt... thx for the love... glad you enjoyed the madness.
Old Aug 07, 06
1up motherfucker

ebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to all
Male Model Machine
Those two blond guys at the Ree-Fresh stage
Male Model Machine
The guys that played that Chopstick/Eyerer track.
Oh and... uh... Male Model Machine

Only DJs that kept me dancing in one place.

I didn't leave the Ree-Fresh stage. Ollie Ple's set would have been a lot more fun if a) I hadn't heard it a week earlier, and b) the tracks had more staying power for my tastes than 1 week.
Frankly, I see this as the death of electro... it's all downhill from here.

Rhia Wellbelove's set definately was a saving grace until it went into Prog House and I was ready to go to bed at that point.

Seany G would've been alright if he hadn't been so plastered. Dude, drugs AFTER the set next time...

There was a bit I was enjoying at the first stage closest to the entrance, but when me and Leviathan went back there they were playing one of those hard house track (electro hard house?) that has a ridiculous amount of build, comes in at exactly the wrong time and really wasn't that spectacular... I felt cheated and wanted my last 2 minutes back. Dude that was the live drumming alongside house was a cool idea but he also was too wasted to play.... "Granted, it must be tough to keep a beat with house when you're that blasted... I can't tell if he sucks or if he's just new."
Old Aug 07, 06
*bassline baby*

baby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the roughbaby-phat is a jewel in the rough
Amanda Rude !! :)

There were a few others.. but I'll have to get back to you on that one.
Old Aug 07, 06
Sander K addict...

Seany G is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbomega
Seany G would've been alright if he hadn't been so plastered. Dude, drugs AFTER the set next time...
Hahha I knew I played like garbage. People were all saying 'nah...you did fine', and 'I didn't think you were that drunk. You played okay' but I knew after that I was way way too drunk to play.

You're right, I shouldn't have gotten so plastered (way more drunk than I've ever been during a gig before).

I don't do drugs. What you saw was a bi-product of not eating dinner because I had to pick up Alex & Stefan (Male Model Machine) on the way to Apex and me somehow being able to sneak a 26 of Vodka past security and then drinking it straight. LESSON learned! :D
Old Aug 07, 06
MoonBeach coming soon...

Bevvy Swift is a jewel in the roughBevvy Swift is a jewel in the roughBevvy Swift is a jewel in the roughBevvy Swift is a jewel in the rough
i was soooo tired and drunk by 7 in the morning, im glad there was a few peeps still kickin around to enjoy the classic rock and dancehall in the am.

amanda rude rocked my socks and i dont even like speed garage.
akeel n mateo did the same
ryan ross n johnny ill held it down proper for the massive breaks session at swiftbeats

bigups to all!

Last edited by Bevvy Swift; Aug 07, 06 at 09:46 PM.
Old Aug 07, 06
ghetto gold

Tea has a spectacular aura aboutTea has a spectacular aura about
So sad i missed johnny ill.

:(

That guy is like on my ipod.
Old Aug 07, 06
Rocking Your Block

WYATT is on a distinguished road
Amanda Rude!!!!!>> U KILLED IT GIIIRRLL!!

SCOTTY MOTHA FUCKING OH >>>>SIIICKNESS>>> LOVE HEARING THAT GUY PLAY SPEED GARAGE!!!!!
Old Aug 07, 06
FLYDJS/USB/SOULCHAMPION

amanda rude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYATT
Amanda Rude!!!!!>> U KILLED IT GIIIRRLL!!

SCOTTY MOTHA FUCKING OH >>>>SIIICKNESS>>> LOVE HEARING THAT GUY PLAY SPEED GARAGE!!!!!
THANKS guys!!!

Dude, I totally missed Scotty Oh! I talked to him right when he finished :(
Old Aug 08, 06
1up motherfucker

ebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to allebbomega is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seany G
I don't do drugs. What you saw was a bi-product of not eating dinner because I had to pick up Alex & Stefan (Male Model Machine) on the way to Apex and me somehow being able to sneak a 26 of Vodka past security and then drinking it straight. LESSON learned! :D
Dun worry about it dude. Only DJs notice shit like that anyways. =) At least the tracks were dece. =)

I actually find a little blibe of alcohol without getting blasted damn well helps the set a bit. Relaxes you on stage, lets you loosen up... Honestly you only really made me wince once, but it looked like you were gettin a wee bit disoriented/tired by the end of it...

Hope the rest of your night was as wild. Hope your friend made it home ok.